OZ Telepathy™ NBS (Newborn Blood Spot) prepopulates an electronic form with the state laboratory’s required data elements, then prints a label to be affixed to the specimen card and sends the electronic lab order ** to the state laboratory which is consumed by the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
OZ Telepathy™ NBS Solution:
- Manages the care of the baby by providing a worklist of babies needing screening and status for each specimen collected
- Eliminates handwritten specimen cards to improve information content, legibility and accuracy
- Improves accuracy by scanning the specimen ID barcode
- Simplifies hospital workflow by streamlining the process
- Displays age in hours in order to collect specimen at appropriate time
- Captures multiple specimens for an individual patient
- Provides an electronic lab order allowing for traceability of the specimen from the hospital to the laboratory **
- Transmits results from the laboratory back to OZ eSP™ database— an integrated child health record – and on to the hospital EHR, other providers or directly to state public health programs **
- Provides specimen shipping and delivery notifications
- Receives recollection requests from the lab **!
- Improves timeliness for reporting back to the primary care physician and parent
- Captures the submitted information and stores it for future audits
** varies by state and dependent on agreement with state laboratory
! Track-KitTM required