In little more than a decade, there has been monumental progress in early detection and early intervention services for these babies. Each year in the U.S. alone, more than 12,000 babies are born with a hearing loss. Undetected or late detection of hearing loss can affect a child's ability to develop communication, social and language skills.
Today, nearly 98 percent of newborns are screened for hearing loss. Since the inception of this screening, OZ Systems has been on the front lines of a public health push toward better, more comprehensive data collection and data management to support improved follow up and clinical outcomes.
OZ e-ScreenerPlus™ (eSP™) for newborn hearing screening and Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) programs effectively integrate newborn detection, diagnosis, follow up and intervention. Multi-faceted, multi-modular solutions provide customization, integration with legacy systems, and maximum flexibility for public health, providers, primary care, specialty care and the medical home.
What does the OZ eSP™ for EHDI accomplish?
- Flexible, modular options for Point of Care Newborn Hearing Screening data management public health programs
- Fully web-based secure, data management accessible anywhere, anytime with no hardware or software required; complete audit trail of user and system changes protects programs from negligence and improves risk management and quality assurance functions
- Easy workflows for different stages of screening - point-of-care hospital screening module provides simple electronic access and reporting with search, filter functions to create reports and automate routine tasks such as multilingual communications between parents, medical providers and sub-specialists
- Early Intervention module provides greater reach and follow up efficiency with secure, real-time outpatient referrals and accessibility for updates by outpatient providers and audiologists
- Provider Access module is customized for the Medical Home, allowing pediatricians and family practitioners to provide timely care, view current status and improve follow up care for young patients
- Hearing screening results can be imported from more than 20 different screening devices with role-based access rights to assure privacy and security of patient sensitive information
- Features standardized reporting mechanisms from state public health to federal agencies - HL7 electronic messaging-tested and IHE proven
What does OZ eSP™ for healthcare providers accomplish?
- Provides a comprehensive point -of-care Newborn Hearing Screening data management for hospital nurseries, can integrate with existing EHR systems
- Helps with screening efficiency – less time entering data, more time caring for babies
- Reduces human errors in reporting and data collection
- Improves real-time viewing of babies tested, results, aggregated data and reports; complete audit trail of user and system changes protects hospitals from negligence and improves risk management and quality improvement functions
- Role-based access rights to assure privacy and security of patient sensitive information
- Patented clinical decision support tool provides rule-based care paths support next steps and best practices
- Supports National Quality Forum (NQF) measures and new Stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements for reporting to state EHDI programs
"As someone who uses OZ Systems' TEHDI information system every day, the electronic newborn admission notification is a great time saver....give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done." Melba Addison, Methodist Hospitals of Dallas